Equipment outages cause nearly one-third of utility service interruptions each year. These failures leave customers without electricity, represent a significant cost to repair and increase the safety risk to the employees who perform the repairs. Until now, there have been no solutions to accurately anticipate and mitigate these issues — leaving electric utilities with few alternatives than to wait for equipment to degrade to the point of failure or visible damage before repair. Now, advanced analytics coupled with sensing technology can pinpoint and predict equipment failures before they cause service interruptions. In this session featuring thought leaders from SAS and Exacter, Inc., you’ll learn how to save money on O&M, allocate CapEx more wisely, reduce interruptions and improve customer satisfaction, improve T&D reliability metrics and prevent pole-top fires with no added equipment.
- Learn how conditions-based data can be a gamechanger for predictive maintenance
- See specific new views into the grid from continuous monitoring
- Find out how this data can prevent outages and lower SAIDI
- Understand how this data can be used to minimize night work and promote lineworker safety
- Be empowered to take control and push your T&D reliability to the next level